Wednesday 22 October 2008

An obesity epidemic waiting to happen

Well, only 3 days til the OMM. So it must be time to have a look at the weather forecasts. Here's MWIS:

Wind: Southerly 50-65mph, gusts 70 to
90mph.
Very difficult conditions even
at relatively low level, with any
mobility widely difficult on
higher areas. Significant wind
chill.

Widespread rain, later torrential
Prolonged rain, especially
western and southern fells.

Cloud on Hills: Very widespread
Typical cloud base 300-650m,
lowest south Lakes and
northwestern fells.

Pure poetry.

Nonetheless, I have just been to Asda and bought 3 packs of chewy bars, oaty bake bars, jelly babies, custart, cashew nuts, hot chocolate twixes... I felt somewhat self-conscious in the checkout queue unti I realised that my trolley didn't look any different to that of my fellow shoppers, except for the omission of a large slab of tins of lager.

Mmmm.

No comments: